Distek's training center is designed to provide our customers with a comfortable, state-of-the-art facility to learn and develop the day to day skills necessary to perform and enhance their job functions.
Please find a complete list of our 2017 courses below.
Course Discounts are available for those interested in multiple courses or registrations of 3 or more from one company. Contact email@example.com.
The Staybridge Suites North Brunswick is conveniently located within walking distance to Distek. Just mention you are a Distek guest at registration to receive a discounted rate.
If you have any questions or require additional information, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you!
Dissolution Method Development for Generic Products
May 10, 2017 | One Day Course | Lecture
This interactive course will address some of the issues facing those developing dissolution methods for generic products, as well as the opportunities that exist for changing existing methodology. It will discuss immediate release and extended release products, including addressing poorly water soluble compounds (BCS Class 2 and 4).
- Learn about expectations for dissolution methods for generic products, including opportunities to change compendial or FDA dissolution methods
- Learn how to approach dissolution method development for generic immediate release or extended release products
- Learn about taking advantages of biowaivers: using dissolution data in place of expensive bioequivalence testing
- Expectations for validation of dissolution methods for generic products.
- Perform a group exercise ‘virtually’ developing dissolution methods for generic immediate release and extended release products
Troubleshooting OOS or Unexpected Dissolution Results
June 13, 2017 | One Day Course | Lecture
Generating out of specification (OOS) or unexpected dissolution results generally triggers a flurry of activity and creates anxiety in the lab. What are the implications of the results? What caused them? How can we keep this from happening again? This course offers a methodical approach to evaluate whether the result truly represents a product failure and a troubleshooting guide to aid in identifying the root cause of the problem, which have proven useful for many practitioners in the dissolution field.
- Learn to Recognize to OOS or Unexpected Results, and Understand How USP Staged Testing Fits In
- Learn Basic Strategies for Investigating Undesired Dissolution Results
- Using Root Cause Analysis to Find the True Underlying Cause, So It Can Be Avoided in the Future
- Learn Some of the Most Common Causes for Undesired Dissolution Results
USP Course - Dissolution: Theory and Best Practices
October 10 - 11, 2017 | Two Day Course | Lecture and Laboratory Instruction
This two-day course augments the classroom lecture found in USP’s Dissolution Basics course with one day of hands-on laboratory training. It covers the fundamentals of dissolution testing with the objective to support the dissolution scientist in understanding the importance and fundamentals of dissolution. The focus is on dissolution tests conducted on either Apparatus 1 or Apparatus 2 per USP general chapter.
The added opportunity of hands-on training allows participants to conduct a dissolution test under the guidance of USP staff. A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to attendees who successfully pass a lecture test and complete the hands-on PVT course.
For additional information or to register for this course, please contact USP directly at email@example.com or click on the Learn More button below.