Distek, Inc., a rapidly growing leader in the scientific instrumentation field, located in North Brunswick, New Jersey is currently seeking an individual for a Part-Time Accounting Associate position. This position is for five days a week, 25 hours per week with the flexibility to arrange your own start and stop times.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Processing employee expense statements
- Reviewing and reconciling corporate Credit Card to employee expenses
- Communicating with managers and employees regarding expense reports
- Managing and using expense software
- Managing corporate Credit Card account
- Using ERP system to prepare reimbursement checks
- Preparation and Filing of State Sales Taxes
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales tax returns
- Submit Sales tax collected to appropriate states
- Maintain and update sales tax rates in ERP system
- Communicate changes in tax to Accounts Receivable
Other responsibilities, projects and assignments will be added as individual’s knowledge and skills develop.
Distek, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that all offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory background check and passing a 10 Panel Drug test.
- Base Salary
- Medical & Dental Insurance (With a minimum of 25 hours per week)
- Paid Vacation
The qualified candidate should have:
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in an Accounting Department
- Experience with reconciling and processing expense statements
- Accurate data entry skills
- Analytical mindset
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Operating Systems, Outlook, Word
- Intermediate Skill Level in Excel (experience using Pivot Tables a plus)
- Ability to work in a team environment
The following are desirable but not mandatory:
- Experience with ERP database systems
- Experience with SAP Concur
- Cost Accounting background
- Associates or higher degree in Accounting
The candidate we seek should be dependable, a self-starter, highly motivated, have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written communication skills.