Distek's biggest stories, new product announcements and offers delivered to your inbox.
Distek, Inc., a rapidly growing leader in the scientific instrumentation field, is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Associate in our North Brunswick, NJ location. The position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Invoicing AP
- Review vendor invoices as received and match invoices to packing lists from Receiving.
- Compare vendor invoice to ERP system receipts and purchase orders to ensure vendor invoice is correct – pricing and product received agree.
- Research and follow-up on any invoice discrepancies with vendor or Supply Chain.
- Enter invoice into ERP system.
- Ensure all vendor invoices for non-tangibles have purchase order and request approval to pay from requisitioner.
- Maintain organized files of vendor invoices and credits.
- Prepare invoice for payment twice each month.
- Review AP Aging report to ensure all invoices are being paid and all credits applied.
- Prepare AP Batch reports, for review and payment approval by Supply Chain Manager or President.
- Prepare payments sessions in ERP system for approved Batch reports.
- Print AP checks for signature, including supporting documentation and batch summary sheet according to check signer’s specifications.
- Prepare signed checks for mail.
- Review vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies.
- Contact vendor for missing invoices.
- Investigate pricing discrepancies or quantity receipt discrepancies with vendor, Receiving and / or Supply Chain.
- Resolve with Accounting Manager non-batch payments requiring immediate payment.
- Monthly review un-invoiced receipts to ensure all invoices are received.
- Determine with Accounting Manager procedure for older un-invoiced receipts.
- Process all DMR receipts in the ERP system.
- Add new vendors to the ERP system.
- Request W-9 form or W-8_BEN_ E forms from vendors.
- Identify & obtain 1099 forms from non-corporate vendors at year-end.
- Provide Distek tax exempt certificate to vendors when needed.
- Participate in processing vendor credit applications from new or existing vendors.
- Provide work direction and supervision for Accounts Payable Assistant.
- Perform responsibilities in adherence to ISO standards.
- Participate in projects and special assignments as they develop.
- Invoicing AP
Position Descriptions are subject to modification by Distek management without prior notice.
The qualified candidate should have:
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience preferred
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and strong basic math skills
- Experience with ERP systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Positive and initiative-taking attitude
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Extremely organized with consistent attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure
- Excellent critical thinking skills and problem-solving ability
- Able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively on projects
- Ability to create channels of communication with customers, colleagues, and senior management, to obtain information necessary to perform job tasks
- Base Salary
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
Distek, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that all offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory background check and passing a 10 Panel Drug test.