Distek, Inc., a rapidly growing leader in the scientific instrumentation field is currently seeking a Buyer / Planner at our facility located in North Brunswick, New Jersey.
The position will be responsible for:
- Planning inventory levels and the purchasing of materials in support of requirements in a changing production environment based on forecasts.
- Placing purchase Orders and managing deliveries in support of our requirements in a timely and proactive manner.
- Procurement of Electronics, Circuit Board Assemblies, sheet metal, machined metal and plastic parts & molded plastic parts.
- Interfacing with vendors to bring the best value to Distek.
- Working with Engineering on Engineering Change Orders and creating Bills of Materials.
- Resolving parts issues with Production, Engineering, vendors, and customers.
- Assuring that the Supply Chain maintains the highest consistent level of quality possible.
Distek, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that all offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory background check and passing a 10 Panel Drug test.
- Base Salary
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
The qualified candidate must have:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in purchasing and materials planning.
- Prior knowledge and experience with MRP, Inventory Management, Supply Chain principles and ERP systems.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing, managing, and successfully negotiating with vendors.
- A strong contemporary cost savings acumen and the ability to provide examples of success.
- A proven track record in forecasting and planning inventory needs using MRP, Min/Max & Kanban.
- Experience with the procurement of electronic and machined components, sub-assemblies, and populated printed circuit board assemblies.
- The patience to work well in a cross-functional team environment and the ability to develop strong internal relationships.
- Understanding of Engineering drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
The following is a plus:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment and/or pharma.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing & Six Sigma principles.
- Experience with ECI M1 manufacturing software system.
To ensure success, the candidate should have/be:
- The discipline to manage and participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creative problem solving and negotiation skills in a challenging and changing work and schedule environment.
- A self-motivated person, independent, requiring minimal supervision.
- Customer service focus and attitude in your day to day relationships.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills.