Distek, Inc., a rapidly growing leader in the scientific instrumentation field is currently seeking a Director Validation & Customer Support in the New Jersey area to properly manage and grow the Company’s Validation, Field Service, and Technical Support functions.
This position reports to the President and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the department meets customer needs in a timely, professional manner
- Exploring and evaluating new products and areas of service which will grow the business
- Developing and recommending to the Management Committee new long-term and short-term validation business and pricing strategies
- Managing proper creation of qualification procedures and written protocols for new products
- Efficiently managing the scheduling of customer service calls such that customer needs are met, the schedule is balanced and enables flexibility, expenses are minimized, and that the schedule is coordinated with sales (delivery schedule), production, and accounts receivable (verify customer credit is in good standing)
- Strategically planning and implementing proper staffing levels at critical locations
- Properly managing department to ensure personnel maintain high morale, work satisfaction, team cooperation, training and development, and retention.
- Ensuring that all Validation and Field Service personnel are properly trained in product knowledge — installation, troubleshooting, and repair; validation services, documentation, site conduct, company policies and that they adhere and abide to customer GMP/GLP and Distek ISO requirements
- Providing technical and management support such that customers, distributors and Company personnel are receiving proper and timely technical assistance
- Developing and monitoring annual departmental budgets, merit increases, and Strategic Plan
- Participate in projects and special assignments as they develop
Distek, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that all offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory background check and passing a 10 Panel Drug test.
- Base Salary
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in successfully managing a department
- Proven ability to set and execute departmental short-term and long-term goals
- Solid knowledge and experience calibrating and servicing dissolution and other laboratory instruments
- Minimum 3 -5 years managing field service personnel
- Strong supervisory and training experience
- Proficient in Windows Office applications
- Able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills required
- Highly self-motivated
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Hands-on individual