Distek's biggest stories, new product announcements and offers delivered to your inbox.
Distek, Inc., a rapidly growing leader in the scientific instrumentation field, is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer II in our North Brunswick, NJ location. The position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Responsible for participating in product development assignments to create, support or maintain Distek product offerings (dissolution, disintegration, fermentation, bioreactors, etc.).
- Responsible for leading moderate size development projects or portions of major development projects.
- Work with the members of the product development team to complete assignments. Capable of providing direction to colleagues and making complex decisions.
- Duties will include generation of engineering designs and calculations, detailed design documentation and quality documentation.
- Proficient with designing microprocessor-based controllers, digital and analog circuitry design.
- Proficient developing control software and graphical user interface for embedded control systems utilizing C, C++, visual basic and C#/.net framework programming languages.
- Broad knowledge of EMC/ safety standards and utilizing EMI reduction techniques and design strategies.
- In conjunction with Production, Technical and Field Service, identify and resolve instrument problems and issues.
- Support and maintain existing products, including product improvement and cost reduction.
- Follows ISO 9001 policies and procedures in the performance to the responsibilities outlined in the job description.
- Exhibit and adhere to Distek’s Core Values.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years’ experience in a similar field, or an MS degree in Electrical Engineering and 3+ years’ experience.
- Proficient in hardware / software design, using microprocessors, motion and temperature controls, and embedded systems.
- Proficient in C / C++, Visual Basic, C#/.net framework and other programming languages.
- Broad knowledge of RS-232 protocols, PCB design and graphical user interfaces is desirable.
- Proficient in printed circuit board layouts and schematics design tools such as PADS, ORCAD or similar packages.
- Self-starter and able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills required. Ability to effective present information to top management.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
- Base Salary
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
Distek, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that all offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory background check and passing a 10 Panel Drug test.