Distek's biggest stories, new product announcements and offers delivered to your inbox.
Distek, Inc., a rapidly growing leader in the scientific instrumentation and bio-technology fields, located in North Brunswick, New Jersey, is currently seeking a Technical Customer Support Manager to properly manage and grow the Company’s Technical Customer Support function.
This position reports to the President and will be responsible for ensuring that the Field and Inside Technicians; and Customer Call Center’s processes and procedures; staffing, and training ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness in meeting customer needs in a timely, professional manner. The Manager is responsible for:
- Effectively managing the call center and scheduling of customer service calls such that customer needs are met, the schedule is balanced and enables flexibility, expenses are minimized, and that the schedule is coordinated with accounts receivable (verify customer credit is in good standing)
- Strategically planning and implementing proper staffing levels at critical locations
- Properly managing the department to ensure personnel maintain high morale, work satisfaction, team cooperation, development, and retention
- Ensuring that all Technical Customer Support personnel are properly trained in product knowledge — installation, troubleshooting, and repair; documentation, site conduct, company policies and that they adhere and abide to customer GMP/GLP and Distek ISO requirements
- Providing technical and management support such that customers, distributors and Company personnel are receiving proper and timely technical assistance
- Developing and monitoring annual departmental budgets, merit increases, and Strategic Plan
- Participating in new product development
- Participating in projects and special assignments as they develop
Distek, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that all offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory background check and passing a 10 Panel Drug test.
- Base Salary
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in successfully managing a department
- Proven ability to set and execute departmental short-term and long-term goals
- Solid knowledge and experience calibrating and servicing dissolution and / or other laboratory instruments
- Minimum 3 -5 years managing field service personnel and call center
- Strong supervisory and training experience
- Proficient in Windows Office applications
- Able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills required
- Highly self-motivated
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Hands-on individual