Distek, Inc., a rapidly growing leader in the scientific instrumentation field, located in North Brunswick, New Jersey is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer.
This position reports to the Director, Production & Business Systems. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for sustaining engineering of existing product lines, process improvement of manufacturing methods and quality assurance.
Sustaining Engineering: In conjunction with engineering, support and maintain existing products, including product improvement by:
- Working with vendors to resolve manufacturing issues
- Participating in design review meetings
- With Engineering, design products for manufacturability (DFM), serviceability and backward compatibility issues
- Being the liaison between Engineering and Production
- Working with Engineering and Technical Service to identify and resolve instrument problems and issues
- Schedule twice a year evaluations of Distek’s Quality Management System and serve as Secretary at ISO Management Review Meetings
- Manage and conduct the internal audit activities of Distek’s operations and implement continual improvements to Distek’s QMS system in order to ensure external and internal quality assurance compliance per the ISO 9001:2015 requirements
- Assist managers in the development of corrective action plans and conduct follow up audits as required
- Perform first article inspection or periodic inspection of raw materials
- Participate with Purchasing in Vendor evaluations and re-evaluations audits to ensure that vendors are meeting Distek’s quality requirements
Distek, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that all offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory background check and passing a 10 Panel Drug test.
- Base Salary
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year project management experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skills
- Experience in mechanical assembly, sheet metal and machining practices
- Basic electronic knowledge
- Proficiency with Microsoft Operating Systems, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation, able to work independently, requiring minimal supervision
- Extremely strong organization and follow-up skills and is able to work well under pressure
- Ability to successfully set priorities when handling multiple and varied tasks with an enthusiastic attitude
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment, across departments
- Previous work experience in an ISO certified environment – preferred