Distek's biggest stories, new product announcements and offers delivered to your inbox.
Distek, Inc., a rapidly growing leader in the scientific instrumentation field is currently seeking a Materials Planner / Buyer at our facility located in North Brunswick, New Jersey.
The position will be responsible for:
- Analyzing data and planning inventory levels
- Managing outside Subcontracts for goods and services
- Placing Purchase Orders in accordance with ERP requirements
- Configuration management and processing revision changes
- Supplier Management & Sourcing
- Monitoring and improving Supplier Quality and on-time delivery
- Materials include: Electronics, Circuit Board Assemblies, Metalwork, Plastics and Glassware.
Position Descriptions are subject to modification by Distek management without prior notice.
Distek, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that all offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory background check and passing a 10 Panel Drug test.
- Base Salary
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
The qualified candidate must have:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Materials planning and/or Purchasing.
- Prior knowledge of MRP, Inventory, Purchasing and ERP systems.
- Demonstrated experience in Inventory Management, Supplier Management, cost savings, sourcing, and negotiation.
- An acumen for data analysis, drawing conclusions from data, and taking proactive action. This includes manipulation of Excel and ERP data.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment and/or pharma.
- A good understanding of technical documents including drawings & specifications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, hands on experience with an ERP system.
To ensure success, the candidate should have/be:
- A creative problem solver, negotiation skills and have good “people” skills
- A self-motivated person, independent, multitasking and require minimal supervision.
- Experience in working with Bills of Material
- Customer service focus and attitude in your day-to-day relationships with many internal customers and suppliers.
- New product introduction experience.